By Jim Greene
Downtime is money, and peace of mind is worth its weight in gold when it comes to knowing that your company has a disaster recovery (DR) plan in place.
At CenturyLink®, we go beyond making sure disaster recovery plans are regularly audited and tested. We can manage your DR solution end-to-end with a team of experts ready to protect your entire infrastructure. In this age of virtualized servers across a distributed IT environment, disaster recovery is more than just a necessity; it's an imperative. The Disaster Recovery Preparedness Council found that:
- 73% of companies are not sufficiently prepared to recover from a prolonged outage.
- 78% have experienced outages of critical applications
- 63% say their losses ranged from a few thousand dollars to over $5M
- 64% say that their organization’s disaster recovery (DR) budget is inadequate and underfunded
- 28% say their organization lost data center functionality for up to weeks at a time
Those are ominous numbers. The question is not whether an outage, equipment failure, or disaster will occur, but when that will happen and how well prepared your company will be to face the scenario and recover.
Don't let your company become a statistic. Your organization can easily mitigate the likelihood of downtime, save money, and...