By Christine Parr, Product Owner - Relational DB
Relational DataBase Service Overview
The CenturyLink Relational Database (DB) team is excited to announce the General Availability of Relational DB, a MySQL-compatible Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) product that has been in beta since August of 2015. This product complements the CenturyLink Cloud® portfolio and reiterates our commitment to cloud native applications by providing developers instant access to a high-performance, enterprise-hardened MySQL-compatible database instance built on the Hyperscale platform from CenturyLink Cloud.
Designed for Enterprise and SMB customers, our Relational DB Service includes:
• Available in VA1, UC1 and IL1; global expansion throughout 2016
• Flexible provisioning options – choose any combination of CPU, RAM and storage within the platform limits
• Scale CPU, RAM, and storage independently of each other as your needs grow through self-service automation
• Daily backups with configurable backup time
• In data center replication option with auto-failover for high-availability
• SSL Certificate provided to encrypt connection and data in transit
• Access to REST APIs
• Built on enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure
Enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure is critical for database performance. The CenturyLink Cloud Platform powered by Hyperscale servers out-performed other high profile competitors in an independent benchmark study by CloudHarmony. By leveraging this platform, Relational DB benefits from SSD storage which is local to the host. This maximizes storage...