By Jean Masters
Periodically, we turn over control of the CenturyLink Cloud® blog to members of our certified technology Ecosystem to share how they leverage our platform to enable customer success. This week’s guest author from the Cloud Marketplace Provider Program is Jean Masters, Customer Relationship Manager for Symas Corporation.
LDAP Directory Service Overview
Symas is pleased to announce that Symas OpenLDAP Silver, an OpenLDAP-compatible Directory-as-a-Service (DaaS) product, is available on CenturyLink Cloud via Blueprints. This product highlights our commitment to cloud technologies by providing developers with rapid access to a high-performance, enterprise-scale LDAP directory service that runs in CenturyLink’s standard Cloud Servers.
Designed for Enterprise and small and midsize business (SMB) customers, Symas LDAP Database Service includes:
- Availability in most CenturyLink data centers
- Performance-leading directory server based on OpenLDAP
- Enterprise-grade commercial Technical Support
- Ultra-efficient Lightning Memory-mapped Database (LMDB) and server core
- Full ACID semantics
- Flexible Provisioning – choose CPU, RAM and storage right for you
- Self-Service - scale CPU, RAM, and storage as your needs grow
- Daily backups with configurable backup time
- Replication option with auto-failover for high-availability
- SSL Certificate to encrypt connection and data in transit
- Built on enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure
Enterprise-grade cloud infrastructure is critical for database performance. The CenturyLink Cloud Platform out-performed other high profile competitors in an independent benchmark study conducted by...