Principal Information Security Engineer - 440
Just like everyone else, we want to hire unbelievably bright engineers, who are a joy to work with, love to work with others, solve problems, listen well, and lead as appropriate. Oh, yeah, they have to love to learn new things, too. You should have a passion for cloud computing and for designing and building advanced security capabilities that support massive scale while requiring little day-to-day human intervention. Limiting yourself to just one area of the technology stack or one security specialty would be unthinkable for this kind of engineer, so we hope that you are comfortable doing everything from building highly automated identity management systems to deploying comprehensive vulnerability and configuration management capabilities at global scale.
About Platform CenturyLink:
The Platform CenturyLink organization is the focal point for all cloud-related product development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused DevOps culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run. Every day. All the time. It’s what we do. CenturyLink offers competitive salaries and benefits.
Solve complex security challenges with cost effective and reliable security technologies that are highly automated and perform efficiently at cloud scale. Research, design, recommend, implement, and support innovative security solutions in support of a fast-paced and entrepreneurial business environment. Perform as an integrated member of the product engineering teams to implement enhanced security capabilities into the environment. Translate business and security objectives into achievable controls, including building and supporting the technical implementation of those controls. Provide security input for network and software architectural changes, and new projects. Lead internal vulnerability management efforts, including network vulnerability scanning, web application security testing, and other specific security assessment efforts. Support internal security audits and assessments of external partners as needed. Stay current on security industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, and security technologies.
During the first twelve months in the role you will work on the following projects/tasks:
- Employ your networking knowledge along with your cross-platform operating system and infrastructure scripting/automation skills to assist in the implementation of an automated asset management solution that easily scales to cover very large populations of equipment
- Utilizing advanced knowledge of vulnerability management tools and techniques, design and deploy automated vulnerability scanning/tracking/reporting capabilities across the global infrastructure including network devices, servers, centralized storage devices, VMware, MS Windows, and Linux
- Use your knowledge of identity management concepts and strong automation skills to architect and implement automated identity management integrations among disparate systems and technology platforms
- Leverage strong OS and device knowledge to design and deploy a privileged access management solution that will revolutionize how automated tools and administrators gain authorization to access privileged accounts and the tracking of what is done with those accounts
- Develop an automated penetration testing and vulnerability assessment program that provides actionable information on critical vulnerabilities to the engineering teams
- Promote a culture of security across product development teams, providing subject matter expertise as needed to design reviews, etc.
- Strong background in automation and scripting
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related major or equivalent years of experience and
- A minimum seven years’ experience in the information security field
- Minimum of three years’ experience in either Linux or Windows operating systems (prefer both)
- Experience designing and implementing automated identity management solutions and integrating them with on premise and SaaS applications
- Solid understanding of core networking concepts to include routing and switching
- Working knowledge of industry standard security tools and encryption/cryptography protocols and best practices, authentication, authorization and directory services.
- Experience developing automated information security controls against common compliance frameworks such as SOC, FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, or Cloud Security Alliance
- Demonstrated experience in automated operating system, application, and network penetration testing and vulnerability assessment/management
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, CEPT, GIAC or similar relevant information security certifications
CenturyLink Cloud (CLC) is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused Dev/Ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with platform feature development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run: Every day, all the time. It's what we do.
At CLC, we've created an environment where people come together to work hard and drive results, but also offer flexibility and work-life balance. CLC is a high growth business unit recognized by industry analysts as an up-and-coming cloud service provider and an innovator in cloud software.
CenturyLink provides enterprise customers with a world-class cloud platform combined with managed services, access to fiber, and a global data center footprint. Recently recognized as a visionary in the Gartner Cloud IAAS Magic Quadrant, CLC blends the innovation and agility of a startup with the resources of an established telecom company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment background check. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
What happens when engineers, product owners and designers spend two weeks together in Southwest Utah.
Cloud Development Center
How does a telecom become a leader in cloud? So far, CenturyLink has provided the blueprint.