Senior Network Engineer - 19907
About CenturyLink Cloud:
CenturyLink Cloud (CLC) is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused Dev/Ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run: Every day, all the time. It’s what we do.
At CLC, we’ve created an environment where people come together to work hard and drive results, but also offer flexibility and work-life balance. CLC is a high-growth venture-backed company recognized by industry analysts as an up-and-coming cloud service provider and an innovator in cloud software.
CLC is looking for a smart, results-oriented Sr. Network Engineer to deploy, develop and maintain current and new network infrastructure and to automate and deploy virtualized network services for customers. This role would be part of the CenturyLink Cloud Networking product team. This role will focus on scalable, resilient and modular networking that allows customers to easily deploy their virtualized network and network services over the CenturyLink Cloud network. A can-do attitude blended together with the ability to deliver results consistently in a collaborative manner is necessary without requiring supervision or motivation.
- Participate in design, implementation and automation of new network services (virtual and physical) and continue to support products after launch as an escalation point.
- Configure Arista, Juniper, and Cisco hardware using best practices for performance and stability.
- Research problem information to proactively identify trends and potential sources of new problems and use this information to proactively address these issues to ensure that they do not repeat.
- Analyze alerts and infrastructure systems to ensure maximum performance, efficiency, and availability.
- Ability to analyze infrastructure usage and plan for growth or increases in system capacity.
- Identify and resolve problems affecting the infrastructure performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner.
- Configure, install, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot network and server hardware, operating systems, and services related to networking, resolving outages and documenting designs, process and procedures.
- Identify automation opportunities and assist in their implementation across our global infrastructure.
- Phenomenal multi-tenant network design and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong knowledge of different types of data flows, including ISCSI, NFS, SIP, RTP, etc.
- Strong networking and load balancer skills; Cisco, Juniper, Arista, Citrix / Netscaler, HAProxy
- Strong technical knowledge on Windows / Linux / Virtualization (VMware vSphere and KVM) platforms in large enterprise clustered/high availability environment.
- Experience automating new network services (virtual and physical).
- Technical knowledge on Microsoft technologies: AD, Exchange.
- Strong understanding of enterprise/service provider infrastructure and large-scale environments.
- Strong understanding of BGP, ECMP, VXLAN, ZTP, and MLAG environments.
- Experience with virtual switching (Open vSwitch, NSX, etc.)
- Strong scripting skills in one or more of the following is preferred: PowerShell/Python/Ruby/shell.
- Self-starter with a proven record of overcoming technical and design obstacles.
- Ability to defend technical decisions but remain open to team input.
- Proven self-starter with desire to foster a sense of urgency when addressing customer concerns, coupled with a strong command of business and technical abilities
- Data-driven with strong history of using data to drive decisions and solutions
- Prior experience with a 24x7, high-availability, broadly-distributed production environments
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Team player with strong collaboration skills
- Flexible, willing to work off-hours when required
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- 10+ years direct hands on experience working in a customer-facing technical support role
- 5+ years of experience working in a network architecture/engineering role.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, clients, advisory boards and employees
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
CenturyLink Cloud (CLC) is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused Dev/Ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with platform feature development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run: Every day, all the time. It's what we do.
At CLC, we've created an environment where people come together to work hard and drive results, but also offer flexibility and work-life balance. CLC is a high growth business unit recognized by industry analysts as an up-and-coming cloud service provider and an innovator in cloud software.
CenturyLink provides enterprise customers with a world-class cloud platform combined with managed services, access to fiber, and a global data center footprint. Recently recognized as a visionary in the Gartner Cloud IAAS Magic Quadrant, CLC blends the innovation and agility of a startup with the resources of an established telecom company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment background check. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
What happens when engineers, product owners and designers spend two weeks together in Southwest Utah.
Cloud Development Center
How does a telecom become a leader in cloud? So far, CenturyLink has provided the blueprint.