Senior Platform Integration Engineer - 40017
The CenturyLink Platform Development Center, based in Bellevue, Washington, is the epicenter of service automation for CenturyLink. Our mission is to provide world-class information technology services to global businesses on virtual, dedicated and physical infrastructure using a common provisioning user experience. We call this Platform CenturyLink.
The Platform Enablement team sits within the Platform Development Center, and is focused on the business strategies that help achieve a true “platform” effect around CenturyLink. This means engaging with the technology, software, service and startup communities to motivate investment that drives effectiveness of the customer ecosystem. The Platform Enablement team is broadly responsible for user success, evangelizing our platform to the market, and recruiting new partners to our environment, as well as supporting those stakeholders with the metrics necessary to drive insight.
Within the Cloud Platform team, the Senior Platform Integration Engineer will be responsible for execution of ecosystem programs that result in the most compelling business agility marketplace in the industry. This resource will be responsible for growing the number of companies that integrate their intellectual property with our cloud, increasing the effectiveness of the CenturyLink Cloud Marketplace.
About Platform CenturyLink:
Just like everyone else, we want to hire unbelievably bright people, who are a joy to work with, love to work with others, solve problems, listen well, and lead as appropriate. Let’s not forget that they also have to love to learn new technology. Our team members should have a passion for ensuring our services and solutions are effective and that we are solving problems for our customers. A team member limiting themselves to a narrowly-focused job description would be unthinkable for this kind of user-facing role. We hope that you are comfortable doing everything from listening to customers, identifying risk, assisting with documentation, representing the platform, and driving user satisfaction.
Platform CenturyLink is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Business organization. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused DevOps culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run. Every day, all the time. It’s what we do. CenturyLink offers competitive salaries and benefits.
- Drive an increase in the number of ecosystem partner.
- Shape the feature roadmap for the cloud platform around points of integration
- Increase effectiveness of the cloud marketplace
- Support incentive structure to ensure continued partner investment
- Make technology partners successful as the go-to-market around CenturyLink’s platform
- Build engagement between ecosystem partners and prospective users
- Create a sense of community within ecosystem members
- Focus on onboarding partners to the technical elements of the platform (API, orchestration, catalog, billing, etc)
- Identifying target software partners and the networks which enhance their value.
- Technical support of recruiting and on-boarding ecosystem partners
- Building repeatable, scalable technical programs to integrate partners and networks into the CenturyLink
- Collaborate as a member of the Cloud Platform leadership team to refine strategic priorities for the platform
- Work with the Product Ownership team to develop feature backlog around marketplace, orchestration and API - ensuring the product definition supports the best possible ecosystem experience while maximizing BU revenue metrics.
- Interface with Marketing and the Cloud Commercialization organization around go-to-market mechanics for ecosystem partners
- Develop relationships with partner executives to ensure alignment, gather feedback and continually improve their return on investment with CenturyLink Cloud.
- Act as a key technical resource to sales engineers, channel managers, marketing specialists and partner managers.
- Participates in industry/product functions, seminars and round tables to remain up to date on industry or product knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Business expertise in public cloud, private cloud and managed services at an senior level
- Strong technical expertise in API integration, cloud orchestration and enterprise software
- Proven record having worked consultative, complex deals in the enterprise
- Willingness to sets stretch performance standards for self and others
- Minimum of 12 years progressive experience in IT product management and solution engineering.
- Demonstrated level of success in the sale of cloud services
- Leadership excellence in managing a portfolio of customer/partner relationships
- In-depth knowledge of other cloud offerings in the marketplace
- Strong existing industry relationships
- 12+ years’ experience in cloud hosting, networking, application and software development with leadership positions across cloud, infrastructure and/or enterprise software companies
- Extensive experience creating and presenting highly technical presentations and concepts to small and large audiences, including C-level executives
- Adept and active contributions to social media (i.e. blogs and Twitter) technology forums with an existing, large influencer network
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree or other technical history in computer science, electrical engineering, or other related technical fields.
- Superior collaboration and relationship-building skills with a strong network of senior level contacts.
CenturyLink Cloud (CLC) is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused Dev/Ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with platform feature development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run: Every day, all the time. It's what we do.
At CLC, we've created an environment where people come together to work hard and drive results, but also offer flexibility and work-life balance. CLC is a high growth business unit recognized by industry analysts as an up-and-coming cloud service provider and an innovator in cloud software.
CenturyLink provides enterprise customers with a world-class cloud platform combined with managed services, access to fiber, and a global data center footprint. Recently recognized as a visionary in the Gartner Cloud IAAS Magic Quadrant, CLC blends the innovation and agility of a startup with the resources of an established telecom company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment background check. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
What happens when engineers, product owners and designers spend two weeks together in Southwest Utah.
Cloud Development Center
How does a telecom become a leader in cloud? So far, CenturyLink has provided the blueprint.