Senior Systems Engineer - 11032
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
The Century Link Cloud Support Engineering team is seeking customer focused, detail oriented engineers that enjoy solving problems, delighting customers, and have backgrounds from a variety of different fields. If you have experience managing full application stacks from the system (Linux or Windows) up through a custom application, managing part of a network from layer 3 and higher, or web-related programming that includes the consumption of web services we’d like to talk with you!
You will be surrounded by people that are smart, passionate about cloud computing and who know that the job doesn’t end when the clock reads five. We believe that world class support is critical to customer success. Creating the best customer experience is at the root of all that we do. Your role will allow you to provide personalized service to our customer base. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Own and drive to satisfaction on customer issues via chat, ticketing and phone calls
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
- Provide 1:1 support and education to a designated Enterprise customer
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to our internal teams
- Execute on service restoration and critical event procedures
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the CenturyLink Cloud customer community
- Regularly audit and health check the current infrastructure configuration. Challenge and lead the charge to stabilize and optimize the environment. Drive process improvements within the team and the larger organization as a whole.
- Strong grammatical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Passionate about providing high quality customer experiences and learning new technologies
- Experience working within the software development or Internet industries is highly desired
- Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Demonstrated expertise in systems administration (Linux/Window)
- CCNA certification or equivalent experience. Understanding of all networking layers, TCP/IPv4, v6
- Strong understanding of routers, switches, and firewalls (JunOS a plus)
- Demonstrated expertise in enterprise network administration and troubleshooting/analysis (DNS, IPsec VPN, BGP, Load Balancing)
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripting
- Open to working shifts (morning, mid-afternoon, or evening; M-F, Su-Th or Tu-Sa) with occasional on-call duties
- Proven expertise in virtualization (VMWare preferred)
- Programming related to system administration (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP) desired
CenturyLink Cloud (CLC) is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused Dev/Ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with platform feature development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run: Every day, all the time. It's what we do.
At CLC, we've created an environment where people come together to work hard and drive results, but also offer flexibility and work-life balance. CLC is a high growth business unit recognized by industry analysts as an up-and-coming cloud service provider and an innovator in cloud software.
CenturyLink provides enterprise customers with a world-class cloud platform combined with managed services, access to fiber, and a global data center footprint. Recently recognized as a visionary in the Gartner Cloud IAAS Magic Quadrant, CLC blends the innovation and agility of a startup with the resources of an established telecom company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment background check. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
What happens when engineers, product owners and designers spend two weeks together in Southwest Utah.
Cloud Development Center
How does a telecom become a leader in cloud? So far, CenturyLink has provided the blueprint.