SR LEAD PRODUCT MANAGER - 74831
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
The Senior Product Manager (Product Owner) will lead in the areas of strategic product planning, software sprint planning, competitive analysis and thought leadership for our initiative to deliver the next generation of cloud storage products, including object storage, virtual block storage, and related technologies. The Senior Product Manager will determine the scope of software, hardware and virtual services that comprise the offering in concert with internal stakeholders. The Senior Product Manager will have responsibility for defining customer requirements, maintaining a prioritized product backlog, helping organize Agile software sprints alongside Engineering, and acting as a product SME to the rest of the organization. The Senior Product Manager will lead cross-functional teams through ideation, business case development and formulation of product requirements, and overall lifecycle management support. The Senior Product Manager ensures the CenturyLink offerings are delivered rapidly to market, and stay current with customer needs, technology advancements, and competitive differentiation. The Senior Product Manager will work closely with development teams from product initiation to delivery and product lifecycle management.
• Overall product line management responsibility for our next generation storage products
• Support prioritization of requirements across product services in support of key customer personas for the products
• Research competitors’ products, assesses competitive advantages and determine what product features and functionality will be built or modified
• Develop strategy that will take the product through entire lifecycle from concept, design, development to market launch.
• Provide strategic leadership and tactical delivery on software sprints while collaborating with Engineering, support, operations, vendors, partners, and customers.
• Develop technical collateral such as knowledge base articles, product sheets, white papers, and product announcements.
• Educate and inform CenturyLink team about upcoming releases and roadmap
• Independently resolve issues and assist team with overcoming obstacles
• Demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit and interest in creating new services for customers
• Intake feature requests and maintain a prioritized backlog
• Organize features into user stories fit for estimation during sprint planning
• Provide requirements for user stories and act as voice of the customer during software development
• Build prototype solutions to incubate technologies or demonstrate potential features
• Support software releases by writing knowledge base articles, blog posts, and whitepapers
• Serve as single point of contact for the product offering/strategy/roadmap and interface with all Sales, Marketing, Analyst, and Customer stakeholders.
• Actively seek feedback on the product from customers (internal and external) and use that feedback to inform product decisions
• Understand and stay current with industry trends, open source technologies, and cloud computing models
• Engage the community through social media, blog posts, and conferences
• High level of energy as well as strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• BS/BA or equivalent required; MS a plus.
• 8+ years of related data-driven product management or software development/architecture experience.
• Experience with software defined storage or related technologies is a plus
• Proven track record of consistently achieving product management success.
• Excellent communication skills to include: verbal, written and presentation.
• Entrepreneurial drive.
• Energy, integrity, and strong work ethic.
Alternate Location:US-Missouri-St Louis; US-Missouri-Town And Country; US-Washington-Bellevue
CenturyLink Cloud (CLC) is the focal point for all cloud-related development inside the larger CenturyLink Corporation. We consciously maintain our small company/startup feel, while taking advantage of the resources available from such a large company. As such, we have a very strongly focused Dev/Ops culture, highly skilled agile workforce, with platform feature development as our core activity. We build the cloud, we build the applications that run on it, and we make it run: Every day, all the time. It's what we do.
At CLC, we've created an environment where people come together to work hard and drive results, but also offer flexibility and work-life balance. CLC is a high growth business unit recognized by industry analysts as an up-and-coming cloud service provider and an innovator in cloud software.
CenturyLink provides enterprise customers with a world-class cloud platform combined with managed services, access to fiber, and a global data center footprint. Recently recognized as a visionary in the Gartner Cloud IAAS Magic Quadrant, CLC blends the innovation and agility of a startup with the resources of an established telecom company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment background check. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. No phone calls, please.
What happens when engineers, product owners and designers spend two weeks together in Southwest Utah.
Cloud Development Center
How does a telecom become a leader in cloud? So far, CenturyLink has provided the blueprint.