Looking for a fast way to deploy Microsoft SQL Server? CenturyLink Cloud Platform and Blueprints allow customers to easily procure and deploy Microsoft SQL Server licensing within the Control Portal. Microsoft SQL Server is licensed via the Microsoft SPLA program. By utilizing the CenturyLink Cloud Microsoft SQL Blueprint, customers have the versatility to install and consume this business critical database software.
- A CenturyLink Cloud Account. Don't have one? No problem! Get started by activating your account today!
- Supported Guest Operating Systems are deployed and in a running state:
- Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit
- Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise 64-bit
- Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter 64-bit
- Windows 2012 Datacenter 64-bit
- Windows 2012 R2 Datacenter 64-bit
- ~15 GB Free Storage on C:\
- Supported SQL Server Editions via blueprint are:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Web Edition
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2012 Web Edition
- SQL Server 2012 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition
- SQL Server 2014 Web Edition
- SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition
- SQL Server 2014 Enterprise Edition
- Validate the Hardware and Software Requirements for Installing SQL Server are met:
- This KB does not apply to Managed Microsoft SQL Customers.
- Customers can add features to an existing SQL instance or add new SQL instances by running the blueprint multiple times on the same server.
- Currently, it is not possible to install SQL to a drive other than C:\ via a Blueprint. Customers can modify the SQL database, tempdb, and log locations post install to other volumes using SQL tools.
Installing Microsoft SQL Server using Group Tasks
Go to the Control Portal and choose the Servers Menu.
Browse to the Group that houses the VM(s) on which you want to deploy SQL. Select Action, then choose Execute Package.
Search for SQL and select Install SQL Server on Windows Blueprint.
Select SQL Installation Options. Input the appropriate parameters based on the SQL server requirements for your application.
Select the VM(s) in the Group on which you want to deploy SQL. Customers can choose an individual VM or multiple. (Quick Tip: Only supported Guest Operating Systems will be shown)
Installing Microsoft SQL Server using Blueprints Library
Select Blueprints Library in the Control Portal.
Search for SQL and select Install SQL Server on Existing Server.
Choose deploy blueprint.
Input the appropriate parameters based on the SQL server requirements for your application. Select the Virtual Machine to execute the install against. Then, click next: step 2.
Confirm the VM(s), features, and settings are configured correctly and click deploy blueprint.
Want to learn more about CenturyLink Cloud offerings that make deployment and execution a snap? Check out some of CenturyLink Clouds newest solutions: