- SafeHaven Version: 4.0.3.
- Release Date: August 25, 2017
New Features and Enhancements
- Add Support for Windows Server 2016.
- Automatically resize storage pool when the backing storage is resized.
- Fully support the migration use case.
- Fully support servers with more than 10 disks.
- Improve error logging in Windows server.
- Added resiliency to PG resize.
- Better support for Windows Dynamic Disks.
- Better error handling of re-failover.
- A number of minor GUI fixes such as typos, error messages, resolution problems, etc.
|GUI and Syntropy||Yes, no interruptions||Yes, no interruptions|
|Windows Agent||Yes, reboot needed||Yes, reboot needed|
|SBD (WAN replication kernel module on SRN)||No change||No change|
Upgrade from 4.0.1 and 4.0.2
OVA and SBD modules in the SRN is the same for 4.0.1, 4.0.2, and 4.0.3. There is no need to upgrade them.
Upgrade Procedure : Upgrade Procedure for Minor Releases (Syntropy and GUI Console)
- To upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.3, there is no need to upgrade to 4.0.2 first.
Once Syntropy is upgraded, only the Windows agent with the matching version works with new protections.
- Potentially, for an already protected Windows server, it is possible to upgrade only Syntropy to 4.0.3 and keep the Windows Agent on 4.0.1 or 4.0.2.
- Upgrading the Windows Agent from 4.0.1/4.0.2 to 4.0.3 requires a reboot of the production Windows server.
Same As in SafeHaven 4.0.2
- SHBase-4.0.1-Mar-20-2017.ova: OVA to be imported to private VMware vSphere envrionment as templates for SRN/CMS appliances
- Script to Turn a Ubuntu-14 VM as a Recovery Proxy for Protected Windows VM
- Linux Onboarding Script
- Debian Package for CMS/SRN: to be used in the cluster installer or GUI to update from SH-4.0.1/4.0.2
- GUI Package: zip file containing the JRE. This runs on any Windows platform.
- SafeHavenClient.4.0.3_win32.jar: to replace the existing SafeHavenClient.jar inside the already downloaded 4.0. GUI folder.
- Windows Downloads:
Please note that you can check the md5 checksum against the file named MD5SUMS.