Updated by Weiran Wang on Dec 28, 2017
This article focusses on how to configure email alerts. This is a critical step for DR solution, failing to configure email alerts may result in customers not being notified of SafeHaven environment issues in the event of production site outage
- Access to the SafeHaven Console (GUI).
- Initial replication has been completed for the Protection Group.
- Periodic checkpoints are enabled for the Protection Group.
This article assumes that a SafeHaven cluster has already been created successfully. Production servers are already protected and Periodic checkpoints for the Protection Group are enabled
Check AWS Statistics
Before enabling the email alerts please make sure that the Protection Groups are getting clean checkpoints.
- Click Administration from tools bar
- Fill in the information of user's own SMTP server
- Check Use anonymous SMTP service box (Optional)
- Configure Report Frequency
- Click Add email address and type the recipient email address on the pop-up window.
- Click on Configure and Send Report
- Go to recipient's mailbox and check the test email