Updated by Weiran Wang on May 09, 2018
Article Code: kb/1071
This article explains how to configuring the recovery server in a Linux PG.
Access to the recovery server.
This article assumes that:
- A SafeHaven cluster has been created successfully.
- Linux PG initial sync is completed and there are clean 0 sized checkpoint(s) for Test Failover
Configure the recovery server
A recovery server boots off of disks of the DR SRN when a test failover/ failover operation is issued.
- Right click on the Linux PG, select Test Failover from the drop-down menu
- Select the desired checkpoint and lick on next
- Once Test Failover and Power on are completed, click on next.
- Confirm the right PG is selected and click on Next
- SSH into the Recovery Linux Server.
- Download the Linux Onboarding scripts. The Download URL can be found under the Download Links section in SafeHaven 5.0.0 Release Notes
- Extract the downloaded file.
tar xvfz file_name
Note: the above file name can be different.
8. Run the replication script : makestub.sh
Note: The above script will download some packages required for the replication.
- Please enter the iSCSI Target Server IP Address at this site:
Please put the Local iSCSI IP Address of the Recovery SRN in CenturyLink Cloud Prouction Datacenter here.
- Shut down the Recovery server.
shutdown -h now
- Go back to SafeHaven Console Test Failover wizard, check both MakeStub tool complete and Reboot & verify complete boxes, then click on Finish.
- Click on Delete and Finish button to exit the wizard, Wait till the job to complete.