- SafeHaven Version: 5.0.0
- Release Date: December 29, 2017
New Features and Enhancements
New Use Case: Use of Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a Disaster Recovery Site
One of the major feature's of this release is the capability to protect production servers on multiple hypervisors and failover to AWS. Examples of validated hypervisors are:
- VMware: including VMware based cloud platforms such as CenturyLink Cloud, DCC-F(vCloud Director), etc.
- Hyper-V Generation 1
- Physical servers: all the available baremetal servers provided by CLC have been validated
NOTE: Please refer to SafeHaven-5.0-Use-Case-and-Support-Matrix for more information on all the use cases and support matrix.
Microsoft Virtual Shadow Copy (VSS) Enabled Checkpoints
Another major feature is the introduction of Microsoft Virtual Shadow Copy (VSS) enabled checkpoint for single Windows server protection groups.
NOTE:This feature is available for both recovery into AWS as well as CenturyLink Cloud (CLC).
Built-in network isolation capability via GUI
Introduced built-in network isolation capability via GUI for recovery servers running on the same subnet as the recovery SRN.
NOTE:This feature is ONLY available for use cases where the recovery site is CenturyLink Cloud (CLC).
This is the first major release in the SafeHaven-5 product line and there is no upgrade path from any previous SafeHaven versions. Even the appliances (CMS/SRN) used in previous versions cannot be reused in SafeHaven-5 since it uses Ubuntu-16.04 as the base OS for the first time (in comparision, SafeHaven-4 uses Ubuntu-14.04 as the base OS).
NOTE: Upgrade from SafeHaven-4 to SafeHaven-5 will be a fresh new installation.
- SafeHavenAppliance-5.0.0.ova: OVA to be imported to private VMware vSphere or vCloud Director envrionment as templates for SRN/CMS appliances
- Ubuntu-16.vhdx: Hyper-V image for SRN/CMS appliances in a private Hyper-V envrionment
- Debian Package for CMS/SRN: to be used in the cluster installer
- GUI Package: zip file containing the JRE, runs on any Windows platform
- SafeHavenClient.5.0.0_win32.jar: the Java application that requires an existing 32bit JRE-8 to run on a Windows OS
- Windows Downloads:
- Linux SafeHaven Onboarding Scripts Downloads
Please note that you can check the md5 checksum against the file named MD5SUMS.