Updated by Anshul Arora on Jan 12, 2018
Article Code: kb/86
Register Datacenters within the SafeHaven Console for CenturyLink Cloud and Amazon Cloud site types.
- SafeHaven Cluster already installed and user needs to have access to it.
- CMS and SRNs to have proper network connectivity as per SAHA5.0 Networking guide.
- User has login access to the SafeHaven Console.
- The machine which is running SafeHaven Console has reachability to user's vCenter environment.
Register VMWare vCenter
- Within the SafeHaven Console, right-click on the Administrator@Cluster in the Navigation Tree on the left, and select Register Data Center from the drop-down menu.
- Enter Data Center Name, and select vCenter as the Data Center Type. Click Register.
- Click on the Data Center you registered and under the Properties Panel. Click Register.
- Enter a vCenter Identifier. This can be any name for the vCenter. Enter the IP Address, User Name and Password for the datacenter. Make sure that username has permissions to perform power operations on the VMs within the vCenter. Click Register.
Properties Panel shows the vCenter information.
Register AWS Region
Each AWS Region is treated as a separate Datacenter within a SafeHaven Cluster.
- Within the SafeHaven Console, right-click on the Administrator@Cluster in the Navigation Tree on the left and select Register Data Center from the drop-down menu.
- Enter Data Center Name and select Amazon Web Services as the Data Center Type. Click Register.
- Now click on the Data Center you registered and under the Properties Panel click on Change Credentials.
- Enter your Access Key ID and Security Key for Amazon Cloud administration. Next, select your Recovery Region and Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Properties Panel shows the Amazon Cloud information.
Next Step is to Register SRN within SafeHaven Console