CA Unified Infrastructure Management (CA UIM) is a scalable IT monitoring solution that provides 360-degree visibility into systems and infrastructure performance. It creates a single, unified architecture for both traditional and cloud environments, enabling customers to proactively monitor performance and availability and to ensure that end customers are up and running. See more at www.ca.com.
Contact CA Technologies
CA Technologies has integrated their CA Unified Infrastructure Management (CA UIM) with the CenturyLink Cloud platform. The purpose of this KB article is to help the reader take advantage of this integration to achieve rapid time-to-value for this IT monitoring solution. See more at CA Unified Infrastructure Management.
CenturyLink Cloud users looking to enhance the monitoring capabilities of their CenturyLink Cloud Environment.
After reading this article, the user should be able to install UIM for Windows on a CenturyLink Cloud server.
- Access to the CenturyLink Cloud platform as an authorized user.
- MS-SQL Database server with superuser login credentials.
- Enable default MS-SQL server listening port
Deploying UIM for Windows on a New Server
CA UIM is available as a Blueprint for deployment on a new server.
Steps to deploy to New Server Blueprint
Login to the Control Portal. From the Nav Menu on the left, click Orchestration > Blueprints Library.
Search for CA UIM on Windows.
Click the Blueprint icon for CA UIM on Windows.
Configure the following parameters.
- Enter Password.
- Choose Your Group.
- Choose Your Network.
- Choose Primary & Secondary DNS.
- Choose Server Type.
- Choose Service Level.
- Enter Sever Name.
- Enter Database Host Name.
- Enter Database Name.
- Enter Database Username.
- Enter Database Password.
- Enter UIM Admin Password.
next: step 2.
Review and Confirm the Blueprint.
Deploy the Blueprint.
Monitor the Deployment Queue to view the progress of the Blueprint.
- To monitor progress, click Queue from the Nav Menu on the left.
The Blueprint will run for approximately 20 minutes, and may complete with a 'failed' status.
- This is due to a timeout caused by the installer running long. If it occurs in the step labeled 'Install CA UIM Single Server on Windows stage3', the message may be ignored.
- Wait 5 to 10 minutes for the process to complete.
Once the Blueprint completes successfully, you will receive an email stating that the Blueprint build is complete.
- Please do not use the application until you have received this email notification.
Access the UIM application through a web browser pointed at the server address.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about UIM, click on the following links:
- Getting Started - CA Unified Infrastructure Management
- Demo Video - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Demo
Issues related to deploying UIM Blueprints on CenturyLink Cloud
- Contact our sales team.
Who should I contact for support?
- For issues related to deploying the UIM Blueprint on CenturyLink Cloud, licensing or accessing the deployed software, please visit the CA Support Website.
- For issues related to cloud infrastructure (VMs, network, etc.), or if you experience a problem deploying the Blueprint or Script Package, please open a CenturyLink Cloud Support ticket by emailing email@example.com or through the CenturyLink Cloud Support website.