KEMP Technologies is the leading provider of application-centric load balancing solutions, used by thousands of businesses that consider cloud, e-commerce and web applications as mission-critical to their long-term success. KEMP helps companies rapidly grow their business by providing 24/7 application availability, better cloud application performance and secure operations – while streamlining IT costs and maximizing affordability. KEMP Technologies Website
|Sales Contact||Support Contact|
|(844) 470-5367||(844) 556-4398|
|KEMP Website||Support Web|
KEMP Technologies' has integrated their Virtual LoadMaster™, a Load balancing and Application Delivery Controller with the CenturyLink Cloud platform, publishing their virtual appliance as a CenturyLink Cloud Partner Template. The purpose of this KB article is to inform the reader of this integration. KEMP Technologies Virtual LoadMaster™ optimizes web and application infrastructure for high-performance, flexible scaling, security and ease of management.
For more information, please review the product documentation on KEMP Technologies website.
The Virtual LoadMaster™(VLM) is an advanced Layer 4-7 load balancing and content switching application delivery controller. Flexible deployment options available on a wide array of Hypervisor and Cloud platforms, Advanced software optimization and Enterprise application integration allow the Virtual LoadMaster™ to intelligently and efficiently distribute user traffic and make applications perform better in public, private and hybrid clouds. Provided with a rich feature set that includes support for multiple protocols, content-based routing, multi-tiered health checks, SSL offload and re-encyrption, GSLB, compression, content caching and advanced security features such as Single Sign-on and Web Application Firewall, KEMP Technologies Virtual LoadMaster™ exceeds the application requirements of growing environments. KEMP Technologies Virtual LoadMaster™ is now available for CenturyLink Cloud Users. The Virtual LoadMaster™ appliance is available as a perpetual free version with max throughput of 20Mbps. This maybe upgraded to any paid licensed version varying in max throughput from 200Mbps-10Gbps, handling from 200-12K SSL TPS, and which support 250 to 1K VIPs and 1K real servers. To upgrade or purchase contact sales
- Supported on VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, Xen, KVM and Oracle VirtualBox
- Server Load Balancing for TCP/UDP based protocols
- NAT-based forwarding
- Support for Direct Server Return (DSR) configurations
- Active Directory integration
- Configurable S-NAT support
- Easy administration and configuration
CenturyLink Cloud Users, Applications network Administrators, IT Managers
- Access to the CenturyLink Cloud platform as an authorized user
- Control Portal account with password authentication
Steps to Deploy a New Virtual LoadMaster
EMAIL SUBJECT: Custom Image Import Request for Ecosystem Partner Template
CLC Support Team,
Please create a ticket to complete the following Service Task:
Please import the Ecosystem Partner Template image file referenced below to my CenturyLink Cloud Account:
- In the ALIAS
- My CenturyLink Cloud Account Alias: ####
-- My CenturyLink Cloud Account PIN: ####
- Data Center to import image to: ###
- Server Name to import image as: ##########
- VLAN in the account to add the Server to: ########
- Number of VIP's you'd like reserved in the network for load balancing. (The support team can reserve more later via a ticket. CLC Support team will reserve 10 VIPs unless stated otherwise.)
- Connect to the VLM via SSH for initial licensing an setup.
- Change password (default username is "bal" and initial password is blank.
- Connect to Virtual LoadMaster™ via Web User Interface by using the appropriate assigned IP address and continue configuration of your application environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I obtain a KEMP license?
Existing CenturyLink Enterprise Customers can contact their Account Representative for help obtaining a KEMP Technologies license, or contact KEMP Technologies directly:
- Contact KEMP Technologies Sales via Email KEMP Sales
- Contact KEMP Technologies Sales via Phone: 1-844-470-5367
Who should I contact for support?
- For issues related to accessing the KEMP Technologies Virtual LoadMaster™ setup, configuration or for any licensing concerns, please visit the KEMP Technologies Support Website
- For issues related to cloud infrastructure, please open a ticket using the CenturyLink Cloud Support Process.
What components are included in the KEMP Technologies licensing or entitlements?
Customers are provided access to the Vitrual LoadMaster™ Appliance and support service for the software. Clients are still responsible for CenturyLink Cloud infrastructure services (compute, memory, storage, support, etc.) on top of the KEMP Technologies Licensing and Support services. These are not bundled with KEMP Technologies services or products.