Magento is one of the most popular open source eCommerce shopping cart systems. It is extremely flexible and has a huge variety of features to build just about any store. Features include SEO-readiness, multi-store support, marketing tools, deep analytics, catalog management, a robust shopping cart with support for multiple shipping addresses and more. The Magento project is backed by eBay, so you can be confident that it will be around for the long run. It offers multiple editions, including small business and enterprise editions, to help grow with your business. Magento’s flexible, feature-rich open source and enterprise eCommerce solutions help you get the most from your online channel.
Magento Community Edition is the perfect solution if you're a developer or tech-savvy merchant that wants to explore the flexibility of the Magento eCommerce platform. You can modify, and even contribute to the core code, and engage with our passionate community for support and guidance. This Blueprint will install and configure Magento 188.8.131.52-1 (64-bit) on Linux.
For more information, please view http://www.Magento.com.
CenturyLink Cloud Users
After reading this article, the user should feel comfortable getting started using the Bitnami Blueprint technology on CenturyLink Cloud.
- Access to the CenturyLink Cloud platform as an authorized user
- Existing Linux x64 server and login access
If you need to connect to your server via the internet, add a Public IP address to your server.
For more information, view this link: http://www.ctl.io/knowledge-base/network/how-to-add-public-ip-to-virtual-machine.md
Allow incoming traffic for ports to an existing server by managing Firewall rules. For more information, view this link: http://www.ctl.io/knowledge-base/network/creating-cross-data-center-firewall-policies/
Install Bitnami Magento on Linux Blueprint
Locate the Bitnami Magento Blueprint.
- Login to the Control Portal. From the Nav Menu on the left, click Orchestration > Blueprints Library.
- Search for “Magento” in the keyword search on the right side of the page.
- Locate the 'Install Bitnami Magento on Linux' Blueprint.
Choose and Deploy the Blueprint.
- Click the “Install Bitnami Magento on Linux” Blueprint.
Configure the Blueprint.
Complete the information below:
- Execute on Server: Select a Linux x64 server to deploy the Blueprint on.
- Magento Site Name, e.g., Spatula City
- Base User Real Name, e.g., John Doe
- Base User Email Address, e.g., email@example.com
- Base User Account Name, e.g., magentoadmin
- Base User Password
- Apache Web Server Port, e.g., 80
- SSL Web Service Port, e.g., 443
- Web Server Domain, e.g., 127.0.0.1 or whatever.com
- MySQL Server Port, e.g., 3306
- MySQL root password
- MySQL Database Name, e.g., magentodb
- MySQL Database User Name, e.g., dbadmin
- MyDQL Database User Password
- PHPMyAdmin Password
- Magento Admin Password
- Start Magento after install?, e.g., Yes
Review and Confirm the Blueprint.
next: step 2.
- Verify your configuration details.
Deploy the Blueprint.
- Once verified, click on the
deploy blueprintbutton. You will see the deployment details along with an email stating the Blueprint is queued for execution.
- This will kick off the Blueprint deploy process and load a page to allow you to track the progress of the deployment.
- Once verified, click on the
Monitor the Activity Queue.
- Monitor the Deployment Queue to view the progress of the Blueprint.
- To monitor progress, click Queue from the Nav Menu on the left.
- Once the Blueprint completes successfully, you will receive an email stating that the Blueprint build is complete. Please do not use the application until you have received this email notification.
Access your Magento server
After your Blueprint deploys successfully, please follow these instructions to access your server:
- Check email to obtain Server Name and IP Address Login information.
- Log in to the server and start having fun!
The costs associated with this Blueprint deployment are for the CenturyLink Cloud infrastructure only. There are no Bitnami license costs or additional fees bundled in.
CenturyLink Cloud works with Bitnami to provide open source software integrations to its customers. Bitnami is a library of popular server applications and development environments that can be installed with one click, either in your laptop, in a virtual machine or hosted in the cloud. Bitnami takes care of compiling and configuring the applications and all of their dependencies (third-party libraries, language runtimes, databases) so they work out-of-the-box. The resulting packaged software (a 'stack') is then made available as native installers, virtual machines and cloud images. These Bitnami application packages provide a consistent, secure, and optimized end-user experience when deploying any app, on any platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should I contact for support?
- For issues related to deploying the Bitnami Blueprint on CenturyLink Cloud, Licensing or Accessing the deployed software, please visit the Bitnami Support website: http://www.bitnami.com/support
- For issues related to cloud infrastructure (VM’s, network, etc.), please open a CenturyLink Cloud Support ticket: https://t3n.zendesk.com/tickets/new.
- For Magento Support, please visit http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base.