This Blueprint will install TimeKeeper software that will allow you to synchronize the time on your systems and monitor the time accuracy.
For more information, please visit http://www.fsmlabs.com/.
CenturyLink Cloud Users
After reading this article, the user should understand how to install TimeKeeper software.
- Access to the CenturyLink Cloud platform as an authorized user.
- TimeKeeper license file available by emailing email@example.com.
After the installation users should take the following steps
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to obtain a TimeKeeper license.
- Edit /etc/timekeeper.conf or use the web GUI to configure TimeKeeper time sources.
Deploy TimeKeeper to an existing server
These are the instructions to be executed for existing server installation. TimeKeeper is available as a Software Package for deployment on an existing server based on your own sizing requirements or to support more advanced configurations such as customized Blueprint Workflows to repeatably deploy multiple stacks on servers.
Deploy or Identify an Existing Server.
- Identify the server targeted for TimeKeeper installation.
- The Operating system must be supported by the Script Package.
- The server must be a server within your CenturyLink Cloud account.
Select 'Execute the Package on a Server Group'.
- Packages can be executed on one more more servers in a Group.
- Search for the public script package named TimeKeeper.
- See the using group tasks to install scripts on groups KB for more information on how to complete the next few steps.
Deploy the Script Package.
- Once verified, click the
- This will kick off the deployment process and load a page where you can track the progress. Deployment will typically complete within a few minutes.
- Once verified, click the
Monitor the Activity Queue.
- Monitor the Deployment Queue to view the progress of the Blueprint.
- YTo monitor progress, click Queue from the Nav Menu on the left.
- Once the Blueprint completes successfully, you will receive an email stating that the Blueprint build is complete. Please do not use the application until you have received this email notification.
The costs associated with this Blueprint deployment are for the CenturyLink Cloud infrastructure only. Additional licensing is required from FSMLabs.
CenturyLink Cloud works with FSMLabs to provide FSMLabs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should I contact for support?
- For issues related to deploying the TimeKeeper Blueprint on CenturyLink Cloud, licensing or accessing the deployed software, please visit the [FSMLabs http://www.fsmlabs.com] and email email@example.com.
- For issues related to cloud infrastructure (VMs, network, etc.), or if you experience a problem deploying the Blueprint or Script Package, please open a CenturyLink Cloud Support ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through the CenturyLink Cloud Support website.