CenturyLink Cloud allows customers to activate & provision services online. Below is an explanation of the process & steps the customer will go through to activate an account online.
Step by step directions:
- Start our sign up process here.
- Enter your email & SMS enabled phone number & click submit. You will be sent a verification code that you will need to enter during the next step.
- Enter the SMS verification code.
- Once the verification code has been successfully entered, you will be taken to our online activation page.
- On the online activation page, complete all of the required fields, including payment details.
- NOTE: Even though CenturyLink Cloud offers a Free Trial, we still collect payment details for post trial usage. There is not an online activation option available that does not collect payment details.
Once you have completed all of the required fields, click the Submit button to create your CenturyLink Cloud account.
- Upon submission of the form we conduct a variety of account verification steps including a Potential Fraud Check & Credit Card Verification/Authorization. Should the account requestor fail any one of these steps, they will not be permitted to activate an account online & will be provided contact information for our sales office if they would like to leverage their services to provision an account.
- During the verification process, we place an authorization on your card for a small value ($1 - $5 USD). CenturyLink Cloud does not Settle (eg Charge) your card this amount, it should not have any influence on your credit cards available credit & the authorization will expire between 2 - 4 days. However, if you are using a debit card, your bank may place a "hold" or "reserve" on this amount until the authorization expires. For this reason, debit card holders are encouraged to not attempt the online activation process multiple times. If you have questions or concerns about this matter you should contact your bank.
Note: Accounts originating online are subject to VM, Core, RAM & Storage limits. To get your limits increased, please review this knowledge base article.