Updated by Anthony Hakim on Jun 09, 2021
Article Code: kb/1085
In this KB article, we will demonstrate how to use Simple Backup Anywhere to provide file and folder level backups and restores for VMs in Lumen Private Cloud on VMware Cloud Foundation™.
You will need the following in order to use Simple Backup Anywhere with Lumen Private Cloud on VMware Cloud Foundation:
- A Windows or Linux server (VM).
- Connectivity to your Windows or Linux server.
- An active Lumen Cloud (CLC) account.
High Level Steps
- Log in to your CLC account and navigate to Simple Backup (Control Portal | Services | Backup).
- Create a backup policy - if you haven't already done so.
- Click on Backup Anywhere and Register an Anywhere Server - this is the server you will install the Simple Backup agent.
- Download the installer.
- Install the agent on the server.
- Add the server to a backup policy.
For more details, please take a look at this Simple Backup Anywhere KB article.