New Features (5)
- Hyperscale Anti-affinity Pools. Create and maintain anti-affinity groups for Hyperscale servers to ensure an even distribution of virtual machines across physical hardware. These policies are applied when servers are added to an existing
- New CenturyLink Cloud Data Centers. The CenturyLink Cloud opened data centers in Santa Clara, CA and Sterling, VA. These new locations -- coming online in March 2014 -- offer all the standard CenturyLink Cloud capabilities and also support Hyperscale Servers.
- Public Beta of Redesigned Groups, Server UI. All customers now have access to the public beta of the redesigned Groups and Server UI. This new interface makes it easier to perform popular activities and seamlessly navigate between
the compute resources in an account. This release focuses on browsing Groups and servers and subsequent releases will include the ability to create and configure Groups and servers.
- Alert Policies. Users can now define centrally-managed alert policies for CPU, memory, disk, and network. These policies are applied to your virtual servers and leverage a reliable engine for storing monitoring information and
sending alerts when policies are violated. Read more in the new FAQ about the alert service.
- Monitoring webhook. Send monitoring alerts from the CenturyLink Cloud to a destination of your choosing using the new monitoring webhook.
Minor Enhancements (3)
- Additional Operating Systems supported on Hyperscale Servers. Now you can deploy CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012 R2 on our high performance compute environment.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Template Available Globally. Customers in any CenturyLink Cloud data centers can deploy Windows Server 2012 R2 virtual instances.
- Edit Site-To-Site VPN Configurations. Users can now edit their existing site to site VPN configurations and save any changes.