New Features (2)
- vRealize (vCAC) adapter. Lumen Cloud is now supported by VMware’s vRealize, a cloud management platform that enables users to
perform functions against VMware vSphere, other hypervisors, and select public clouds. For Lumen customers who have built custom private clouds using VCE or hybrid solutions with vCloud Air, vRealize provides a seamless integration point
for extending deployments to the Lumen Cloud. Likewise, VMware customers looking to extend their hybrid footprint into the Lumen Cloud can leverage vRealize to manage their Lumen Cloud virtual machines. You can find more about the
full features of this integration in our Knowledge Base.
- Managed Services updates. Managed Services users can now see a complete list of managed applications installed on a server right from the Server Details page. In addition, the backend process for enabling a managed server was streamlined
to include additional automation as well as waiting to start the billing subscription until installation is complete.
Minor Enhancements (3)
- Red Hat 7 support. Lumen Cloud now supports Red Hat 7 as an OS template for servers. Customers can now create and deploy 64-bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 virtual instances to all data centers. Among other things, this
latest version of RedHat has native support for Docker. Check out what else is new in version 7 and read
the Red Hat 7 Release Notes for more information.
- 4 TB storage limit. While it has always been a recommended best practice for Lumen Cloud customers, the platform will now actually enforce a four terabyte (4,096 GB) limit on total storage
for all standard and premium servers. The platform will continue to enforce the existing one terabyte (1,024 GB) maximum for each individual disk and hyperscale instances still support up to one terabyte (1,024
GB) only of total storage.
- WA1 Public IP enhancements. The US West (Seattle) WA1 data center now supports custom ports and source IP filtering when adding public IPs to servers. All other Lumen Cloud data centers already support this functionality.