Table of Contents
- Simple Backup Service
- Managed Backup
- Marketplace Provider Program Partners
- Comparison Matrix
Data is the lifeblood of any organization—and keeping that data safely backed up and accessible in the event of file corruption is crucial. On top of that, organizations have different data retention policies that govern how long certain types of information should be backed up and where it should be physically hosted. Customers easily backup and restore data with a wide range of CenturyLink Cloud and Marketplace Provider Program Partners.
- CenturyLink Customers
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Service Offerings
For servers running in the public cloud, Simple Backup Service offers the ultimate in reliability and convenience. Just point-and-click to create backup policies that meet your requirements, then apply them to servers in the CenturyLink Cloud.
From there, Simple Backup Service does the rest for you—data is automatically backed up in secure object storage and retained according to the policy. Restores are simple too—just click on a “point-in-time” backup event, and the data will be automatically restored within minutes.
Peace of Mind Reliability & Security
- The Simple Backup Service “just works”—backup operations are completely automated. Data is transferred from your server to secure object storage over the Internet. The backups are stored for as long as you specify.
- Restores are simple—just select the point-in-time backup you want to restore from, click and it’s done.
- Data in transit between the client and the backup infrastructure uses a secure TLS (transport layer security) connection. All backups are fully encrypted for storage and decrypted upon restore.
Comply with Enterprise Data Retention Policies
- Create and apply policies for data retention that match common corporate guidelines.
- Customize every aspect of your data backups—including location, frequency of backup, and retention period.
- Supports data sovereignty, with backup sites in the US, Canada, the EU and APAC.
- Store data for as long as required—days, month, or years.
Flexible & Easy to Use
- The Simple Backup Service is integrated with the Control Portal, and API accessible.
- Point-and-click to install the backup agent—no need to SSH or RDP to get started.
- Pay-as-you-go billing—estimates of charges for the service are included in the Control Portal as well.
- Keep backups efficient, by specifying only the file paths you need. Only files in those paths will be backed up. Configure folders to exclude as well.
- Supports both virtual machines and Bare Metal cloud servers on the CenturyLink Platform.
Managed Backup went End of Sale 6/25/19. However, all existing subscriptions will still continue to function. While you may not add Managed Backup to new servers, it can be removed from existing servers.
The CenturyLink Marketplace Provider Program is designed to provide additional value within CenturyLink’s enterprise cloud computing platform through partnerships with innovative cloud technology and service providers. By integrating their technology into CenturyLink Cloud, our technology partners can take advantage of a differentiated, digital route-to-market: presented as part of a enterprise-grade automation platform which powers one of the largest pools of IT infrastructure in the world.
Marketplace Provider Program Partners Highlights
- Bring Your Own License (BYOL)
- Customer implemented and Operated
- Complete control over the backup environment
- Leverage existing, proven technology deployed in other operating environments outside CenturyLink cloud
- Implement your own Encryption standards
- Advanced feature sets such as Hot backup agents for MS SQL and Hyper-V Integration on Bare Metal
|Product||Availability||Data Storage||Cost Model||Integration||Support|
|Simple Backup Service||
||Pay as you go (per GB)||
||CenturyLink Provided Support|
|Marketplace Provider Program Partners||
||Bring your own license (BYOL)||
||Partner Provided Software Support|