Updated by Chris Little on Oct 26, 2021
Article Code: kb/1385
The Lumen Cloud platform provides a simple, self-service action to extend existing Windows Disks as storage utilization grows on Virtual Servers. By leveraging the Control Portal automation customers can easily, via a single click, expand disk sizes up to the platform maximums.
- Lumen Cloud Users
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- The administrator password stored in the Control Portal (Administrative Credentials) must match the Operating System administrator password for automated diskpart functions.
- Legacy Windows 2003 Operating Systems require the use of extpart or other 3rd party tools to extend partitions. Customers are responsible for extending partitions in the Operating System for Windows 2003 and downloading the proper tools to accomplish this task.
- The Control Portal does not permit reductions in drive sizes
1. Navigate to the Virtual Server in the Server menu. The Server UI will detail the current disk sizes and driver letters assigned to the Virtual Server. Quick Tip: Make note of the Disk ID and the Partition Path you want to extend.
2. Select the Edit Storage button to open the Edit Storage Dialog box. Input or change the slider on the appropriate Disk ID to the new drive size desired, and select apply. Extending of storage can be performed on Operating System and Data Disks.
3. Check the Queue for job completion and log in to your Virtual Server to validate the drive extensions have completed successfully.