This article explains how to deploy a SafeHaven Replication Node(SRN) in a Manual Production Site.
SRN resides in both production and DR datacenters and work in pairs. A single SafeHaven Cluster can have upto 64 SRN's registered.
Login access to the Manual Production Site.
This article assumes that the user has login access to the Manual Production Site.
Create Production SRN - If production site is Lumen Private Cloud on VMware Cloud Foundation
- Login to the Lumen Private Cloud on VMware Cloud Foundation portal with your credentials.
- Upload the SafeHaven OVA (from the latest Release notes) to the Lumen Private Cloud on VMware Cloud Foundation portal. Once that is complete click on Catalog, then SafeHaven.
- Right-Click on SafeHavenApplianceOVA and select Add to My Cloud
- Enter a name for the VM, and click Next.
- Under Configure Resources tab, enter the Virtual Machine name, Computer Name (Can be same as VM name).
- Under Network Mapping, keep the default configuration, and click Next.
- Click Next, and go to Custom Properties page.
Enter 2 Virtual CPUs and 4 GB RAM. Click Next.
- You may choose to power on the VM at the end of deployment. Click FInish.
Create Production SRN - If production site is Hyper-V
- Right click the Hyper-V host, and click on New > Virtual Machine
- Enter the Name of the SRN VM. Click Next.
- Select Generation 1, and click Next.
- Enter 4092 MB in Startup Memory. Click Next
- Under Connection, select an existing virtual switch. If you don't have any existing switch, then select New Virtual Switch. Click Next.
- Select Use an existing virtual hard disk.
Click Browse to select the SafeHaven Appliance Virtual Hard disk. It can be downloaded from SafeHaven 5.0.0 Release Notes
- Click Finish
Note: The SRN VM has been deployed. Next step is to edit some VM settings.
- Right click the VM, and click Settings
- Click on Processor, and increase the number of virtual processors to 2
- Right click the VM, and click Start.
- Right click the VM, and click connect.
Note: Please assign a static IP address to the VM.
You have now completed the deployment of SRN in a Manual Site.
Next Step is to Create CMS in AWS