aiScaler helps CenturyLink Cloud customers address the business challenge of website scalability, stability and security - now available as part of the CenturyLink Cloud Blueprint Engine.
|Sales Contact| |
|:- | |
+44 20 7993 4587
Skype: ai.scaler | 2 Free hours of installation support
Professional services available.
Email, skype and phone available M-F Business hours EST.|
aiScaler has integrated their technology with the CenturyLink Cloud platform. The purpose of this KB article is to help the reader take advantage of this integration to achieve rapid time-to-value for this application delivery controller solution.
aiProtect automates the identification and mitigation of Denial of Service (DoS & DDOS) attacks, while providing detailed reporting necessary to end the attack.
It is a reverse proxy placed between your origin server and the web, that identifies attackers and blocks their requests, while reporting offending addresses so your network provider can stop the attack.
aiProtect uses a unique Intelligent request throttling. It limits requesting clients to a certain number of requests per interval. For example, aiProtect can limit a client to 20 requests per 10 seconds. This method of throttling is different from simple RPS-limiting and is much more user friendly. If your typical page consists of 10-15 items, such a limit will allow users to view a complete page every 10 seconds, presenting no
inconvenience for a human, but preventing bots from taking down your server. aiProtect can be run non-stop without affecting the speed of your existing application.
CenturyLink Cloud Users
After reading this article, the you should feel comfortable getting started using the aiScaler technology on CenturyLink Cloud.
After executing the steps in this Getting Started document, you will have a functioning virtual application delivery controller, upon which you can deploy web applications that are fast, able to handle massive traffic and secured from DDoS and other online attacks.
Prior to deploying this Blueprint please create a new server matching the below specifications:
- Server running Ubuntu 14.04, Debian 7, RHEL 7 or CentOS 7. 4CPU/8GB RAM is a good starting point
- Assigned public IP with the following open ports:
You can achieve a single-button deployment of a new aiScaler instance using CenturyLink Cloud Blueprints. Follow these step by step instructions to deploy aiScaler. For more details, please reference
- Locate the Blueprint in the Blueprint Library.
- Login to the Control Portal. From the Nav Menu on the left, click Orchestration > Blueprints Library.
- Search for "aiProtect" in the keyword search on the right side of the page.
Click the Deploy Blueprint button.
Set Required parameters.
- Domain - optionally specific the first domain
- Origin - optionally specific the content origin
Set Optional Parameters.
- Password/Confirm Password (This is the root password for the server. Keep this in a secure place).
- Set DNS to “Manually Specify” and use “184.108.40.206” (or any other public DNS server of your choice).
- Optionally set the server name prefix.
- The default values are fine for every other option.
Review and Confirm the Blueprint.
Deploy the Blueprint.
- Once verified, click on the deploy blueprint button.
- You will see the deployment details stating the Blueprint is queued for execution.
- Once the Blueprint has deployed you will receive an email confirming the newly deployed assets within a few minutes.
- If you do not receive an email you may have had a deployment error - check the Blueprints Queue or review the Blueprint Build Log to for error messages.
The costs listed above in the above steps are for the infrastructure only. After deploying this Blueprint, you may secure entitlements to the technology using the following steps:
aiScaler offers 30 day free trial demo licenses.
You can find all license plans available at https://aiscaler.com/pricing. For cloud usage we recommend 1GB/s bandwidth cap.
In order to get you license please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once you obtained your license, connect over SFTP and upload the license to
Either restart the server from dashboard or connect over SSH and run
service aicache restart
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I obtain my license?
- aiScaler offers 30 day free trial demo licenses.
- You can find all license plans available at https://aiscaler.com/pricing. For cloud usage we recommend 1GB/s bandwidth cap.
- In order to get you license please contact email@example.com.
Who should I contact for support?