OpenVPN Access Server is a full featured secure network tunneling VPN software solution that integrates OpenVPN server capabilities, enterprise management capabilities, simplified OpenVPN Connect UI, and OpenVPN Client software packages that accommodate Windows, MAC, Linux, Android, and iOS environments. OpenVPN Access Server supports a wide range of configurations, including secure and granular remote access to internal network and/ or private cloud network resources and applications with fine-grained access control.
CenturyLink Cloud Users
- Access to the CenturyLink Cloud platform as an authorized user.
- control.ctl.io account with password authentication (two factor authentication not yet supported).
- A set of API credentials
Steps to Deploy a New Appliance
Locate the Blueprint in Runner
Set Required parameters.
- Select datacenter, network and server group to provision the node to.
- Optionally set the server name.
- Fill in API Key and API Password associated with a valid API user
Deploy the Blueprint.
- Once verified, click the
- Deployment will take a few minutes while the appliance is provisioned.
- The name of the provisioned server should be in the deployment output at the end of the job.
- Once verified, click the
Access Your Appliance.
- Access your appliance and finalize configuration by opening an ssh
connection to your server and logging in as the
rootuser. Password credentials are available on the server details page.
- Note that on first login you will finalize the configuration.
- For proper authentication select root as your login user or if leveraging
the default openvpn user you'll need to set the credentials for that user
`To initially login to the Admin Web UI, you must use a username and password that successfully authenticates you with the host UNIX system (you can later modify the settings so that RADIUS or LDAP is used for authentication instead).
You can login to the Admin Web UI as "openvpn" or specify a different user account to use for this purpose.
Do you wish to login to the Admin UI as "openvpn"?
Press ENTER for default [yes]: no
Specify the username for an existing user or for the new user account: root Note: This user already exists.`
- Access your appliance and finalize configuration by opening an ssh connection to your server and logging in as the
The costs listed above in the above steps are for the infrastructure only. After deploying this Blueprint, you may secure entitlements to the technology using the following steps:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I obtain my license? Contact email@example.com.
Who should I contact for support?
- For issues related to deploying OpenVPN AS email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For issues related to cloud infrastructure, please open a ticket using the CenturyLink Cloud Support Process.