This article provides an overview of the End of Sale and End of Life Announcement for TIBCO LogLogic® H4 Appliances and information on the new Log Management solution CenturyLink has replaced this service with, Security Log Monitoring 2.0.
This document is to provide CenturyLink customers with information regarding what this means for them, and what options are available moving forward.
We understand that customers may not be familiar with some of the terminology around Log Management, use cases, and features; so we created support documentation below that outline the CenturyLink Security Log Monitoring 2.0, as well as an FAQ, providing answers to the most frequently asked questions.
About End of Sale and End of Life Announcement for TIBCO LogLogic H4 Appliances
On April 29, 2019, TIBCO announced the End-of-Sale and End-of-Life for TIBCO LogLogic H4 Appliances. The individual devices for which this announcement applies is also listed below.
December 31, 2020 - End of Life Date. The last date TIBCO will provide maintenance services for such equipment, including maintenance services for the equipment software. This is also the final date that CenturyLink can provide support for this offer.
Affected Equipment SKUs
- TIBCO LogLogic® LX825 Appliance
- TIBCO LogLogic® LX1025 Appliance
- TIBCO LogLogic® LX4025 Appliance
- TIBCO LogLogic® MX3025 Appliance
- TIBCO LogLogic® MX4025 Appliance
- TIBCO LogLogic® ST1025 Appliance
- TIBCO LogLogic® ST2025-SAN Appliance
- TIBCO LogLogic® ST4025 Appliance
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What does End of Sale and End of Life mean?
A: End of Sale status means that the vendor, in this instance TIBCO, has suspended any future sale of the product.
End of Life (EOL) means that the vendor will discontinue all support of the product including maintenance services for the listed equipment hardware and software.
Q: What is Security Log Monitoring 2.0?
A: Security Log Monitoring 2.0 (SLM) is CenturyLink’s commercial offer to the SIEM and Event Detection and Response market; it is multi-faceted and is sold as a service, or ‘SIEM as a Service’. It is also our go-forward Log Management solution.
Q: What is a SIEM; What does SLM do?
A: A SIEM (Security Information and Event Manager) helps collect all of a customer’s logging data (servers, firewalls, IDS/IPS, proxies, switches, routers, applications running on servers, virtualized servers and applications running in cloud environments, etc.) and puts it on one pane of glass – as well as enabling the ability to do threat hunting against this data. It can retain this raw data for a rolling 90 days, 1, 3, 5, 7 or more years, enrich it with Threat Intelligence and then perform correlations against it to find potential indicators of compromise and attack. Ticket incidents are created by the system and, if subscribed to, by our 24×7 Security Operations Center Analyst team. It enables the ability to do reporting against this ingested data and the ticketed incidents as well. Finally, it allows clients to declare a formal Security Incident and leverage Tier 3 and 4 assistance with Incident Handling (Containment, Eradication, and return to normal business operations).
Q: What are the features and benefits of the new offer, Security Log Monitoring 2.0?
- Security Log Monitoring 2.0 (SLM) is a cloud-based solution, so extended raw log retention periods become easy and very affordable to help clients meet regulatory compliance needs.
- Advanced Monitoring Algorithms and Trending & Analytics upgrades, SLM is operating as a SIEM, helping our customers with active threat hunting across their environments. Customers will be able to request up to five custom correlation rules per month to further customize this solution to their unique environment and needs!
- There are 45 (and counting) report templates available to assist customers with their review and potential regulatory compliance needs. Anyone of these templates can be used as a quick starting point for creating a custom report as well.
- The web portal, is highly customizable, intuitive to use, and much more interactive than the previous Log Management solution portal.
- There is a mobile app available for Apple IOS, and very soon (September 2019) on the Android platform that enables users to review current Incidents.
- There is a Cloud Security Monitoring upgrade available to help customers achieve visibility across their environments where they’ve moved to the cloud – with the same focus on illuminating those potential indicators of compromise and attack throughout their entire enterprise.
- There is a Security Operations Center(SOC) Monitoring option providing customers a shared team resource to provide 24x7x365 eyes-on-glass monitoring to fulfill those Tier 1 & 2 Security Operations Center(SOC) Analyst needs for initial triage and notification. This specialized team of engineers are providing this service to many Fortune 500 enterprises for other CenturyLink security products and services.
Q: What if customers have more questions?
A: Customers are encouraged to contact their CSP or Sales Representative.
Q: What if I do not know who my CSP or Sales Representative is or how to contact them?
A: Please contact 800-728-8471 for assistance.
Q: What if customers don’t take action?
A: As we are discontinuing the service, the management consoles no longer accept data when the service is halted. All archived data will remain intact for the length of the time contractually agreed upon, but no new data will be collected, and the EOL devices will be turned down and reclaimed.
CenturyLink strives to offer a vast portfolio of valued services in alignment with our vision to provide best of class services. Technology and the digital landscape are constantly evolving, and our goal at CenturyLink is to ensure that our customers have access and are informed about the most secure and up to date offers. At CenturyLink it is our mission to reduce friction along the digital transformation path for all of our customers so that they can focus on what is important — growing their business and taking care of their customers. We look forward to assisting you with this End of Vendor Support effort and your future business needs.