Overview of the Expanse Runner job
We currently support with Runner two options for deploying Expanse on a VM to get you up and running quickly.
- Is an option to build a Ubuntu 14 server in the Data Center of your choice and deploy Expanse upon it in about 6 minutes.
- Is an option to deploy Expanse to an Ubuntu 14 server that has been put into the CLC inventory and is already stood up.
- A CenturyLink Cloud Account
- A network existing in the Datacenter you want to deploy to. Run the network builder Runner job.
- One of the Supported Operating Systems listed below on the Virtual Machine Ubuntu 14 more being added in future
- Log into runner.ctl.io.
- Search for Expanse in the Public Products section then click on it
- Click on run button
- Choose the Datacenter you want to deploy a server to, CPU, and RAM. Recommend 2 CPU and 4 GB RAM
- It is now building your server and after about 8 minutes you should see your servers name at http://stats.expanse.tech/
Sometimes the blockchain does not fully sync at first run and you will need to re-execute the following commands to restart it
- ssh into your server from a terminal(ex: ssh [email protected])
- Find the screen session that is running the command currently. screen -ls
- Attach to that session and kill it. screen -r
- Now start the sync again by typing the following. screen -dm bash -c ". /opt/expanse/setup.sh"
- It should now fully sync up.