Updated: October 29, 2020
This Product Specific Terms and Service Guide (“Service Guide”) is subject to and incorporated into the Agreement and Content Delivery Network Service Schedule between the parties. For the purposes of this Service Guide, CenturyLink Communications, LLC d/b/a Lumen Technologies Group or its affiliated entities (“Lumen”) may provide the Services.
A. CDN Edge Compute.
- Regional Egress supports regional egress data plans (includes requests to origin as egress).
- Core Platform is required with the Edge Compute – Regional Egress plan. It supports end user termination, Authoritative DNS, TLS, Geo-restriction and authentication.
- Custom Serverless Function is an Edge Compute custom Docker Container that supports serverless functions. Container usage charges apply. License must be provided by Customer.
- ModSecurity is an Edge Compute container supporting ModSecurity Web Application Firewall (WAF). ModSecurity is open source software. Container usage charges apply.
- OpenResty is an Edge Compute container supporting OpenResty NginX and LUA. OpenResty is open source software. Container usage charges apply.
- PageSpeed Optimization is an Edge Compute container supporting PageSpeed Front End Optimization (FEO). PageSpeed is open source software. Container usage charges apply.
- Varnish Cache is an Edge Compute container supporting Varnish Cache and VCL scripting. Varnish Cache is open source software. Container usage charges apply.
- Virtual Waiting Room (VWR) is an Edge Compute container supporting Virtual Waiting Room. VMR is open source software. Container usage charges apply.
- White Glove Support is Edge Compute White Glove Support performed by Lumen’s vendor. Additional terms may be required.
Web Application Firewall (WAF). Customer may select one of the following self-managed WAF service features currently available: ThreatX or Signal Sciences.
- If Customer will use the Services to process personal data subject to data protection law that requires specific terms in place with the vendor or with Lumen (as applicable) as a processor, Customer agrees that it is Customer’s sole responsibility to request the appropriate terms.
- For any software designated as Third Party Marketplace Software, Lumen offers quoting, ordering and billing support only. Third Party Marketplace Software is not part of the Edge Compute Services (as defined in the Schedule) provided by Lumen, and Customer acquires them directly from the applicable vendor or via a URL included within this Service Guide and Customer will be required to agree to the applicable vendor’s then current standard terms and conditions as a condition of having access to the software via Lumen’s Software Marketplace. Lumen is not responsible or liable for any damages whatsoever for Third Party Marketplace Software, even if Lumen recommends the software, or if the software is related to or complements the Service or to Customer’s ability to use or receive the Edge Compute Service. Lumen is the applicable vendor’s agent for purposes of ordering, collecting payment or in other ways as it relates to Third Party Marketplace Software.
Customer acknowledges that fees, payment, pricing, billing and tax terms are governed by the Agreement and CDN Service Schedule between Customer and Lumen. In addition, Lumen reserves the right to exercise all available remedies under the Agreement, including suspension for non-payment.
- Customers may utilize their own license for certain software available on the Software Marketplace.
- Customer consents to Lumen and the applicable vendors’ collecting and compiling system and operational metrics data to determine trends and improve service capabilities. Lumen and its vendors may associate this data with similar data of other Customers so long as such data is merged in a manner that will not in any way reveal the data as being attributable to any specific Customer.
Pricing and Billing. ThreatX and Signal Sciences offer different pricing models
- ThreatX (TX) is a software as a service (SaaS) service and applicable charges include implementation and technical supports costs.
- Signal Sciences (SigSci). Signal Sciences is a hybrid model where implementation and technical support costs are not a part of Signal Sciences standard service costs and will be subject to additional charges.
- Sig Sci is designated Third Party Marketplace Software. Signal Sciences will separately provide the applicable agreement to be agreed by Customer prior to enabling any license keys.
Access and Monitoring. ThreatX and SigSci are responsible, correspondingly, for monitoring Customer WAF services, enabling application level monitoring and resolving potential security incidents. Customers will have access to the respective vendor’s portal.
Maintenance and Support. ThreatX or Signal Sciences, as applicable, is responsible for change management, major and minor releases, patch releases, service maintenance during vendor determined maintenance windows and all support during installation, service migration, Customer validation, and 24 x 7 monitoring and management after installation.
BOT MAnagement/Risk Mitigation.
- ThreatX WAF service pricing is based on number of supported applications or domain groups (small, medium, large, extra large) and number of requests (HTTPS) per month (i.e. committed traffic volume). Lumen captures this usage information from the CDN Edge Compute platform or directly from ThreatX.
- SigSci pricing is annual upfront, based on number of Workspaces (small, medium, large and jumbo), number of requests per second (RPS) and mandatory Implementation costs.
PerimeterX is an Edge Compute container supporting PerimeterX Bot Management. Container usage charges apply. Customer may provide its own PerimeterX license.
If Lumen makes PerimeterX software available to license from Lumen, the software is designated Third Party Marketplace Software and the terms and conditions in Section 2.2 above will apply. In addition, Customer agrees that its use of the software is subject to the following terms:
Customer’s use of the software is subject to the PerimeterX Subscription Agreement found at www.PerimeterX.com/Legal/PSA.pdf. All billing disputes must be made in writing within 20 days after the date of the invoice containing the amount in question to be eligible to receive an adjustment or credit. Any paid term will automatically renew unless a party provides the other with written notice of non-renewal at least 60 days prior to the renewal date. The SLA applicable to the Services is found out www.PerimeterX.com/legal/SLA.pdf. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are in US Dollars.
ShieldSquare is an Edge Compute container supporting ShieldSquare Bot Management. Container usage charges apply. Customer must provide its own ShieldSquare license.
Cloudinary is a CDN Edge Compute container supporting Cloudinary Image Optimization. Cloudinary license must be provided by Customer.
Kraken Container is an Edge Compute container supporting Kraken Image Optimization. Customer may provide its own license or Customer may license from Lumen, as provided in the portal.
SiteSpect is an Edge Compute container supporting SiteSpect A/B Testing. Customer may provide its own SiteSpect license. If Lumen makes SiteSpect software available to license from Lumen, the following Service Level will apply. Container usage charges apply. Customer is responsible for reporting any Downtime Minutes direct to SiteSpect. SiteSpect will coordinate any applicable credits with Lumen.
Service Level Definitions.
“Downtime Minutes” means the total number of minutes in the reporting month that the Software was not available to authorized users for normal use. The calculation of Downtime Minutes excludes Maintenance Minutes.
“Maintenance Window” means daily between the hours of 1:00 AM EST and 4:00 AM EST, unless other hours have been specifically approved.
“Maintenance Minutes” will mean the total minutes in the reporting month represented by the “Maintenance Window” which will not exceed fifteen (15) hours per month. Lumen will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide five (5) business prior written notice regarding any scheduled downtime.
“Scheduled Uptime” means the total number of minutes in the reporting month less the total number of minutes represented by the scheduled downtime.
Services will be available to authorized users for normal use (excluding scheduled downtime and other outages or failures outside of Lumen and SiteSpect’s control) for 100% of the Scheduled Uptime, measured by (Actual Uptime / Scheduled Uptime) * 100 = “Percentage Uptime” (as calculated by rounding to the second decimal period.)
- Service Credit.
- Where Percentage Uptime is greater than or equal 99.99%, no Service Credit will be due to Customer.
Customer will be due a Service Credit in accordance with the below table:
||Percentage of Credit applied to the affected month's MRC
|99.0% to 99.98%
|98.0% to 98.9%
|97.0% to 97.9%
|96.0% to 96.9%
|95.0% to 95.9%
|90.0% to 94.9%
“Web Application Firewall” or “WAF” means a service focused on protecting web applications from cyber-attacks by filtering, monitoring, analyzing, and blocking cyber threats. WAF is focused on HTTP traffic that web applications face. Web application attacks usually include cross-site forgery, cross-site-scripting (XSS), file inclusion, and SQL injection.
“Bot mitigation” means a service that protects web applications against bad bot attacks. Bad bots represent software programs that malicious attackers use to automate their attacks.
“Workspace(s)” means each logical grouping of Customer’s web applications which are managed and visible as a single grouping through the applicable Portal.
B. CDN Optional features.
Secure SSL Delivery
is an online add-on feature for the secured delivery of digital files such as software & updates, games, documents, graphics & images, and audio & video implementing a Lumen or non-Lumen SSL Certificate associated to hostnames as a Server Name Indication (SNI) implementation
Delivery – Premium is an online add-on feature for the secured delivery of digital files such as software & updates, games, documents, graphics & images, and audio & video implementing non-Lumen SSL Certificates associated to Virtual IP (VIP) addresses.
assigns a designated Technical Support Manager resource to provide technical support services beyond the standard CDN support included with Lumen’s CDN services.
is custom configuration on the CDN platform that assigns specific CDN servers to interact with a Customer’s own origin/cloud environments external to the CDN Service.
Adaptive Origin Server
is an online service to ingest content for adaptive bitrate (ABR) delivery using Microsoft HTTP Smooth Streaming, Apple HTTP Live Streaming, Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS), or Motion Picture Expert Group – Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH).
Dynamic Content Packaging
s an online service to transcode standard .MP4 on-demand media files for Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) deliveries, or Motion Picture Expert Group – Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP (MPEG-DASH).
CDN Archive Services
is an online service to store and manage the ingest and archival of live audio and video broadcasts delivered over the internet through the Lumen CDN Service.
Log File Collection & Delivery
is an online access to obtain log files that captures metrics to allow us to measure what we provide.
is log files providing detailed information on the CDN Services used are exported to external customer servers or 3rd party analytics providers.
is a reserve capacity on the CDN Service.