CA Project and Portfolio Management (CA PPM) helps business leaders to deliver the “right” products and applications to market faster and with less risk. Only CA PPM connects strategy to execution across the entire enterprise portfolio with relevant and immediate visibility needed to improve project ROI. - See more at www.ca.com.
Contact CA Technologies
CA Technologies has integrated their CA Project and Portfolio Management (CA PPM) solution with the CenturyLink Cloud platform. The purpose of this KB article is to help the reader take advantage of this integration to achieve rapid time-to-value for this project and portfolio management solution. - See more at CA PPM.
CenturyLink Cloud users looking for a Project & Portfolio Management solution.
After reading this article, the user should be able to install CA PPM for Linux on a CenturyLink Cloud server.
- Access to the CenturyLink Cloud platform as an authorized user.
- For a complete listing of prerequisites and guidelines to install CA PPM please see: CA PPM Wiki.
Deploying PPM for Linux on a New Server
CA PPM is available as a Blueprint for deployment on a new server.
Steps to deploy to New Server Blueprint
Login to the Control Portal. From the Nav Menu on the left, click Orchestration > Blueprints Library.
Search for CA PPM14-3 Linux.
Click the Blueprint icon for CA PPM14-3 Linux.
Configure the following parameters.
- Enter Password.
- Choose Your Group.
- Choose Your Network.
- Choose Primary & Secondary DNS.
- Choose Server Type.
- Choose Service Level.
- Enter Sever Name.
- Enter Database Host Name.
- Enter Database SID.
- Enter Database Username.
- Enter Database Password.
- Enter Database System Username.
- Enter Database System Password.
- Enter DBHOST Administrator User.
next: step 2.
Review and Confirm the Blueprint.
Deploy the Blueprint.
Monitor the Deployment Queue to view the progress of the Blueprint.
- To monitor progress, click Queue from the Nav Menu on the left.
- Once the Blueprint completes successfully, you will receive an email stating that the Blueprint build is complete. Please do not use the application until you have received this email notification.
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about PPM, click on the following links:
- CA PPM - Getting Started Wiki
Who should I contact for support?
- For issues related to deploying the PPM Blueprint on CenturyLink Cloud, Licensing or Accessing the deployed software, please visit the CA support website.
- For issues related to cloud infrastructure (VMs, network, etc.), or if you experience a problem deploying the Blueprint or Script Package, please open a CenturyLink Cloud Support ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through the CenturyLink Cloud support website.