Apache Tomcat is an open source software implementation of the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies. As a collaboration of best-of-breed developers from around the world, Apache Tomcat has rapidly become one of the leading Web servers. Here's how to create a managed Tomcat environment in CenturyLink Cloud.**NOTE**: Before you can deploy Managed Tomcat, you must create a Managed Red Hat server.
1. Log on to the [Control Portal](https://control.ctl.io/). Using the left side navigation bar, click on **Orchestration** > **Blueprints Library**. Click on the “CLC Managed Apache Tomcat” Blueprint.
2. Click on the *deploy blueprint** button.
3. Fill out the appropriate details for the CLC Managed Apache Tomcat Blueprint.
**NOTE** Please choose the same server for both the Installation and Registration of Managed Apache Tomcat. This server must have Managed Red Hat installed, otherwise the Blueprint will fail.
Ensure that the appropriate services that are included within Apache Tomcat are installed i.e., Tomcat v6, Tomcat v7
4. Verify the information is correct (pictured below).
5. Once verified, please click on the **deploy blueprint** button. You will be presented with the deployment details along with an email stating the Blueprint has been queued.
You will receive an email that your Blueprint has been installed when the Blueprint is complete.
**NOTE** The server now has the Managed Apache software installed and activated.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How is the CenturyLink Cloud for Managed Apache Tomcat priced?
A: CenturyLink Cloud Web Software for Apache is priced by the VM, billed hourly.
Q: Can the customer have multiple Apache Tomcat Instances installed on the same server?
A: NO, however all versions of Tomcat support the installation and configuration of "Multiple JVM's" on the same Tomcat server.
Q: What Versions of Apache Tomcat does CenturyLink Cloud support?
A: CenturyLink Cloud Supports Tomcat V6, Tomcat v7.
Q: What operating systems are supported for Managed Apache?
A: Managed Red Hat.
Q: Can *un-managed* Tomcat Services be converted to *Managed* (or vice versa)?
A: This capability is not available at this time.