Lumen Cloud Managed Operating System Services provide maintenance and management of your Windows & Red Hat cloud servers, 24x7. For a flat hourly fee, our engineers will perform support and administrative functions on your behalf.
The following is the simplest method for creating a managed server via the Control Panel.
Please also consider using the Lumen Cloud v2.0 API Create Server capability for performing the same action programmatically.
Users employed by companies that have agreed to terms with Lumen Sales for the Lumen Cloud product.
- An understanding of the standard server creation process.
- Some idea of the benefits included with managed servers
- The Managed Server build process requires HTTPS outbound connectivity (and DNS resolution) to the API endpoint webhook.managedos.ctl.io
- Account impersonation is not supported when building Managed Servers. Account impersonation simply refers to the end users ability to leverage our Account Hierarchy feature to login to a parent account and operate services in sub-accounts. For the provisioning process of Managed Servers, users of the platform should leverage a named user in the specific account alias into which the server is being deployed.
- Conversion from Managed to Unmanaged Operating System Services is not currently a supported feature.
- Normally, a single CPI Blueprint will take between ten and thirty minutes to complete. However, this can be influenced by jobs in the queue
The table below provides a matrix of the supported locations and Operating Systems for conversion.
|Cloud Location||Operating System|
|GB3 - Great Britain (Slough)
VA1 - US East (Sterling)
UC1 - US West (Santa Clara)
US Central (Chicago) - IL1
Canada (Toronto - Mississauga) - CA3
APAC (Singapore) - SG1
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - 64-bit
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 - 64-bit
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 - 64-bit
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard - 64-bit
Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise - 64-bit
Windows Server 2008 R2 DataCenter Edition - 64-bit
Windows Server 2012 DataCenter Edition - 64-bit
Windows Server 2012 R2 DataCenter Edition - 64-bit
Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition - 64-bit
Creating a Managed Server
From the Control Portal menu, select “Create Server.”
After selecting a data center that supports Managed OS, select a server group.
Click the “managed server” element to “Yes.”
The operating system drop-down menu will automatically show supported, Managed OS options. Choose your version, and then proceed with the remainder of the server creation process.
After creating a VM for management or after deploying the blueprint to convert an existing VM to a managed one, the VM will be 'Under Construction' while background processes are completed. You will not have access to the server during that time. Please allow up to 2 hours for the process to complete. If there are any issues beyond that time, contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at the following numbers.
- In the US: 888.638.6771
- UK: +44.118.322.6100
- Singapore: +65.6305.8099.
Please do not email the Lumen Cloud NOC or raise the issue via chat - faster responses to inquiries will come from the email address and support numbers above. This is because Managed support is provided by a different team than Platform support.
The user will receive a notification email once the virtual machine is successfully converted to Managed.
Your request "Managed server build VA1CCVARHEL01" has successfully completed.
Validation can also be confirmed by looking for an asterisk (*) next to the name of the server in the Control Portal.